These will be taken the week of 7-12 March. Please ensure that you complete and return the attached order form along with the correct payment to Teresa by Thursday 3 March. There are numerous packages available but if you would just like a 8×10 photo of your child along with a class photo the cost is R90 (Memory Mate). Any of the packages can be done as sibling photos at no additional cost. Download the order form.
Our Compost Heap:
Lindsay Gray will be visiting our school to tell the children about compost on Friday 19th February. You can start sending in your peelings, vegetables and fruit the following week. Please remember that our worms ‘slurp’ up food at an amazing rate. Perhaps you could let your child separate the peelings for the worms from the food for the compost heap. The worms like their food to be cut in smaller portions eg cut up the apple etc. Please remember what the worms can not eat! A little bit of PT but so good for our children to be involved in this process.
- We will be selling our worm wee this Friday 12th February at R10 per bottle. Please support our Grade R Entrepreneurs.
Please diarise the following dates:
- 12 Feb – Valentine’s Day: Please dress your little one in something red. Please do not go out and buy. A red bow, cap etc. is most suitable.
- Parent Evenings: 16th, 17th and 18th February. Please make every endeavour to attend. Please fill in the reply slip. Parent Evenings start at 7pm sharp.
- Scratch Patch Tuesday 16th Feb
- Lemon and Strawberry Groups (Rose and Jose) Wednesday 17th Feb
- Blueberry, Sage and Plum Groups (Julia, Catherine and Shereen) Thursday 18th Feb
- 23 Feb – Feed The Babies: Sandy Davies will be coming to our school to tell the children about babies who need our help in order to buy formula for them. They will be given a pamphlet which explains that the child should do little tasks at home ie feeding the dog etc. This money will be donated to the fund. She will return on 15 March to collect the donations.
- 4 Mar – Milo Evening: Children come to school in their pyjamas and listen to stories and puppet shows. We provide milo and biscuits. More about this at a later stage.
- 17 Mar – Easter Bonnet Parade – We are once again looking for an Easter Bunny volunteer from our parent body. Please chat to Teresa if you are willing to help.
- 18 Mar – Term 1 breakup day
- 25 Aug – Grandparent’s Day
• Please ensure that you complete and return all registration forms should you wish for your child to attend any of the extra mural activities offered.
• Raffy from Hopping Bunnies, 66 Jan Smuts Ave, is offering a baby sitting service on Valentine’s Day Sunday 14th February in case you and your loved one would like to go for a quiet brunch or lunch without your children. Raffy can be contacted on 031 767 0599.
• Please visit our Hot Off The Press (HOTP) page. It is kept up to date with pics from our school events.