Welcome back to a very chilly third term!
Our Theme – Trees: Download a copy of our theme here. Our theme stays up and one aspect is discussed per week. Every Monday a new aspect is displayed and then discussed for the week. This week we cover Earth and our Solar System.
Grandparent’s Day Thursday 10th September. Our theme is ‘The Wild West’. Please let Grandparents know so that they can start thinking about what they are going to wear.
- We do need your help please.
- Please start bringing us gifts for our lucky draw prizes; one for a granny and one for a grandpa. Many of our parents have a business or contacts for wine and other gifts that we can give to our grannies and grandpa’s. Please approach your beautician and hairdresser as well.
- The local restaurants are very willing to give us vouchers. We do need a few moms who will approach them please. Teresa will do letters in this regard. If you can help please let Teresa know.
- Fay needs a small committee of moms to brainstorm ideas for our table décor, colour scheme, eats etc. Our first meeting will be next Tuesday the 4th August at 7.30am in Montessori Centre. Please let Teresa know if you will be able to help. If you cannot attend and you have ideas please let us know!!!
- Does anyone know a “caller” for barn dancing?
All other information including sale of tickets will be conveyed to you in due course.
Our Big Walk: Thank you once again for your wonderful support! Our profit was R37606.60. We are thrilled and this money will be spent on Educational Equipment for the children. We will display equipment and keep you updated in Newsletters.
Slipper Day – Friday, 7th August: This is next week Friday! This project is run by “Reach For A Dream”. For the past 26 years money has been raised to fulfill the dreams of children between the ages of 3 and 18 who have been diagnosed with a life threatening illness.
How Slipper Day Works: Teresa will receive stickers this week. Stickers are R10 each. This entitles your child to wear slippers to school next week Friday. If you can sell to colleagues, family and friends it would be appreciated. Such a worthy cause! Thank you.
Puppet World will visit our school on Friday, 14th August for a show called “It’s Spring”, the cost is R25 per child. Please pay Teresa or she will debit your account. This show is suitable for the whole school.
Prudence returns to us on Monday 3rd August. Pinky has been assisting Laura in the Sapphire Group while Prudence has been on Maternity leave. She has done a good job and we thank her for helping us.
Ballet Leotards etc are going into the incorrect bags. We will talk to Michele about being more careful when the children undress after ballet. Please Moms assist us by making sure that everything has your child’s name on it, including ballet shoes.
Children returning to Little Red Hen in 2016: Please fill in the reply slip sent home and return ASAP to Teresa or your child’s teacher. Thank you.
- 10th August (Monday) is a Public Holiday – School and Aftercare is closed
- 25th September (Friday) is a School Holiday – School and Aftercare is closed
- Our website is currently undergoing a facelift so you will not be able to access it at the moment
Freedom (our gardener) is looking for a job on a Tuesday and a Thursday for his sister, Phindile Xulu.
Reference for Phindile by Lorna Marshall:
Phindile Xulu has worked for us for 8 years. She is honest, reliable and hard working. She uses initiative to do things out of her own and goes beyond what is expected. She has been a real asset in our home. To confirm this reference please contact me on 0837994990. The contact number for Phindile is 0793329865.
AquaFit Aqua Aerobics
Click here to view Sandri Kruger’s Winston Park based Aqua Aerobics flyer.
Fay & Merle