2022 Fees and Information for Parents
Annual school fees are divided into two price categories – one for the top school classes, the other for the “scratch patch” classes.
A R1000 Non Refundable registration fee is payable by New pupils or siblings. A school bag and hat is included in your Registration Fee.
Please use the downloadable admission form from the link above.
Top School 3 t0 4 yrs, 4 to 5 yrs, 5 to 6 yrs
|Annual Fee||R 40 260|
|Per Term Fee||R 10 065 / term|
|Over 11 months||R 3 660 / month (Jan – 5th Nov)|
Scratch Patch 12 months to 2 years, 2 to 3 years.
|Annual Fee||R 39 600|
|Per Term Fee||R 9 900 / term|
|Over 11 months||R 3 600 / month (Jan – 5th Nov)|
|Account Name||Faymer Pre-Primary School|
|Account Number||1338 010 433|
- Fees may be paid by Internet transfer, stop order or cash. If making a cash payment at an ATM or Bank please add R30 to your payment for bank charges.
- Fees must be paid by the 5th of every month.
Toiletries and Stationery Requirements 2021 : R1500
Nappies, wet wipes and bum cream to be supplied by yourself.
Please ensure that your child’s notebook (we supply) is at school every day. Kindly replace notebooks that have been destroyed, lost or damaged. (Only if COVID-19 regulations make provision for this)
We offer full day aftercare. Parents to supply morning snack, drink and lunch. Aftercare lunch to please be in a separate, clearly marked lunch box. We supply the 3.30pm snack for children staying till 5pm (Only if COVID-19 regulations make provision for this). Should you require casual aftercare for your child please remember to write their name on the Aftercare List on the Notice Board. Invoices will be issued at the end of the month.
|Until 2pm:||R750 per month over 11 months – excludes holiday care
R50 per day for casuals
|Until 3pm:||R850 per month over 11 months – excludes holiday care
R60 per day for casuals
|Until 5pm:||R1300 per month over 11 months (includes an afternoon snack and full day care during the school holidays)
R80 per day for casuals (Only if COVID-19 regulations make provision for this).
School days and during the holidays parents to supply morning snack, juice and lunch. We will supply the 3pm snack for children staying until 5 pm. (Only if COVID-19 regulations make provision for this)
- The gate will be officially opened at 7am.
- Please ensure that your child is at school by 07h50.
- Children must be collected promptly at 12h00.
- NB: Children who are collected after this time will be charged a pro rata aftercare fee.
- Inform your child’s teacher who is fetching your child, or send an email to school or a WhatsApp to 0824195997. Remember to mention your child’s name, who is collecting them and the time.
PLEASE help us to keep our school premises safe by arriving and leaving on time in the mornings. Someone will be on duty until 08h00 in the mornings; thereafter the gate will remain locked and will NOT be opened. Please be on time and have your child at school by 07h50. Please help us to enforce this ruling so that we can ensure the safety of your children.
Please drive slowly and safely in our carpark.
- All clothes must be marked. We are not responsible for clothing that is not marked.
- All children must have a complete change of clothing especially those in the Scratch Patch Groups .
- Paint used by the children is easily washed from clothing. However, please send your children in old clothes.
- High heels, slipslops and long skirts should not be worn, as these can be dangerous when using outdoor apparatus.
- The children in the Grade R, Peppermint and Plum groups are encouraged to be independent. Do not expect clean children at the end of a busy day.
Uniforms are compulsory for Plum Group (Grade R) and optional for the other Groups. The uniform consists of denim shorts for the boys and skorts (R95 each) for the girls with T-shirts (R95 each). There is also a tracksuit (R190), a polar fleece top (R100 each) and a long sleeve T-shirt (R98) for winter.
- Please send us a copy of both parents’ ID books.
- Child’s birth certificate.
- Child’s immunization record.
- Fee Clearance from previous school.
- Child’s latest school report.
- Please keep children who are not well at home.
- If you need to contact any of the teachers, please phone us before 08h00 or between 10h00 and 11h30.
- Progress reports are sent out at the end of the second and fourth terms.
- Our school day includes many activities which cannot be taken home so do not expect a creative activity to be taken home each day. Dough modelling, baking, sand and water play are all introduced into our daily programme and are of great value to the children.
- A plain lunch box and juice bottle clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Snack / Lunch should consist of a sandwich, fruit or any other healthy snack and juice/water.
- NO toys, sweets or removable jewellery to be brought to school.
Extra Activities Offered at Little Red Hen
|Name of Activity||Contact
|Day & Time|
|Ballet||Michelle||082 566 7717||Monday
12:30pm to 1pm
|Karate||Tracy||082 532 7258||Monday
1pm to 1:30pm
|Playball||Kim||083 630 5110||Tuesday
12.30pm to 1.00pm & 1.00pm to 1.30pm
|Gekotrix||Guy||071 092 4490||Wednesday
12.30pm to 1.00pm & 1.00pm to 1.30pm
|Sarah-Jane||072 245 3453||Thursday
12.30pm to 1.00pm
|Little Strikers||Shayne||082 574 6734||Friday
11.30pm to 12.00pm
||Janet||084 642 3890||Friday
12:00 to12:30 & 12.30pm to 1.00pm
You may have noticed the little gold plaques in the foyer. These may be purchased for the children when they leave the school so that they will be well remembered.
Please place money in an envelope with your child’s name.
Please notify us of any change of address or telephone number immediately. This is important in case an emergency should arise.
One term’s notice is required when a child leaves.
We hire out our school for Birthday Parties. The fee is R950 for a 2 hour slot. Please speak to Teresa in the office for more information. (Only if COVID-19 regulations make provision for this)
Wishing you a long and happy association with Little Red Hen Pre-Primary.
Fay & Merle
Little Red Hen Pre-Primary School Principals